The Director of Supply Chain will direct the supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory, selection of vendors, material handling and warehouse operations for Park Industries. The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy for supplier selection and development. This position will lead the team with price negotiations, lean projects focused on reduction in cost of ownership and supplier relationships. The Director of Supply Chain will develop metrics to analyze supplier status and create, maintain and drive the supplier rating system. The Director of Supply Chain will exhibit characteristics of a leader that represents ParkWAY values, is determined, results oriented, can lead change, exercises good judgement and has an ability to take decisive action.
In this position you will:
- Develop effective purchasing, planning and warehouse strategies to drive efficiencies. Coach and develop team to support the strategy, manage overall department effectiveness and drive cross department collaboration.
- Hire, train, develop, coach, and evaluate direct reports. Ensure that new hire training is developed and implemented, in addition to training within the department for continuous development to improve the overall department’s structure. Document, plan and deliver meaningful and timely performance reviews. Take disciplinary action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Lead initiatives to improve warehouse efficiency by aligning supplier practices with Park Industries’ warehouse functions.
- Drive continuous improvement of systems, processes (including automation) and people through effective assessment of capabilities and development/implementation of strategies to improve them.
- Lead team to build and foster strategic supplier partnerships to executive levels within Park Industries top suppliers based on annual spending levels.
- Manage and report on key supplier metrics including, but not limited to, on-time delivery, quality, flexibility and continuous improvement contribution. Develop and implement Park’s supplier rating system to evaluate performance and make supplier recommendations based on the metrics.
- Create and manage annual budget for purchasing and warehouse departments.
Park offers competitive wages and great benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term and Long Term disability, Paid Time Off, Holiday pay and so much more!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
Experience: Minimum of 10+ years of related experience and/or training. Minimum of 8+ years of progressive leadership experience with 5+ years of experience managing a team in a rapidly growing environment.