Where do you work? What do you do?
Commercial Sales Manager at Batteries Plus Bulbs
- Work with our commercial accounts on any battery or lighting needs. I help with finding our customers the right product for the right application. I do a lot of LED lighting upgrades for projects and love helping find them the best R.O.I.
- Bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota in 1995.
- Been with Batteries Plus Bulbs for over 6 years. Certified through our commercial excellence program.
- Strong background in sales and marketing
What was your first job?
- My first job was working at a Garden Center and Nursery in production and growing at the young age of 12.
- St. Michael / Albertville
Family? Names of spouse, kids. How long have you been married?
- Married for 23 years to my wife Racqel, I have 2 kids: My son who is 21 and named Blake and my daughter who is 20 and is named Brynn
- Have a cat named Bernie although I am really more of a lab fan.
- Miracle or Walk the Line
- Beer battered fish
- I love to golf and I play floor hockey with a group of guys every week. I love to bow hunt: deer, elk, turkeys and love waterfowl hunting. I do a lot of woodworking and building of cabinets and fun custom projects for people.
Comment on your involvement in CMMA:
- I have been involved in the CMMA for over 5 years. I have helped with the CMMA tours and finding locations. It is a great organization and the general meetings are always very educational and I am always interested in the production tours.
What would CMMA members be surprised to learn about you?
- One of the most surprising things about me is my background. I went to college for horticulture, thinking I wanted to be a grower. Then I started doing some of the sales side for a re-wholesale nursery out of college and really enjoyed that side of things. As mentioned earlier I started in the nursery business at the age of 12 and was in it for over 27 years. I am now selling batteries and lighting which is quite the change but I love what I do and I love building customer relationships and working with our accounts.